Thursday, July 24, 2008

Of

...course, my friend who visited me at the beach now says she "really likes" me and things are now "complicated". I said in my defence, there was never any discussion about a repeat performance, nor indeed an expectation of sex when she came to see me at the beach. She drove the entire scenario, and layed the sex out on a plate. Now suddenly there's a need to "talk about it" and "clear the air".
WTF?
I don't understand. What is the problem with having a bit of sex during a weekend out at the beach? Why does there have to be an agenda? Why do girls always seem to have ulterior motives, and expect me to know and understand it?
Last night I went to bed early. I woke up this morning with eight text messages on my phone, none of which I'd replied to :-

"I cant b 2nd best. I am a hopeless romantic"

"Bye, have a nice night"

"If u want 2 talk, I took a long lunch 12.30-2"

"You choose"

"I'm sad about this"

"Whatever. goodnight"

"Nevermind. I'm over it"

"Go away. Ur so unavailable. Im not going there"

What the fuck???? Is this really the price of a quick fumble? I could believe it with a late-teen - twenty something girl, but I'm almost 41 and she's 32. Aren't we past this kind of shit?
I can't really say I'm looking forward to being single again if this is the kind of bollocks I'm going to endure every time I sleep with someone.


Jesus.

4 comments:

Inchy said...

To men, sex is like a really fun game, with lots of inexplicable and surprising twists and turns, but an inevitable, and highly anticipated, ending.

To women, sex is something that happens between two people with deep and mutual feelings for each other.

I stopped trying to figure out chicks a LOOOOONG time ago, especially the needy ones.

The Eternal Wannabe said...

That would appear to be all of them, no offense meant to the lovely Cynnie who might chance upon this comment.

Cynnie said...

OMG JESUS!!
and you know I was gonna ..

I think men tend to be clingy and needy..
but I'm starting to think its the personality of the person..
I'm not of the needy love me love me persuasion.
so of course i attract men who have way more estrogen than I've ever had.
the minute a man wimps on me I'm such a bitch..
ugh ...have some self respect dude..

you're just attracting crazy bitches at the mo..
you should pretty much assume for awhile that any woman who wants to sleep with you is a nutjob

life'll be a lot easier.

The Eternal Wannabe said...

Good thinking. I like that plan.