Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hmmm.

An interesting turn of events.
The Mrs. has once again begun therapy, and appears to be benefiting from it in terms of overall mood and outlook.
She has not, however, become part of an abstenance program on the basis that her problem is depresssion manifested by excessive drinking, not alcoholism. Address the depression and the drinking takes care of itself, or so the theory goes.
We sat in last night and watched a movie together, whereupon she drank 3 beers and smoked a fag.
You have no idea how nervous this made me. I could just see another extended night with me waking up at 3 am and finding her shitfaced on the sofa again.
I was wrong, and she took off to bed pretty soon after I did.

This time.

Question is, at what point am I likely to not be afraid every time she decides to throw down a cold one? I should be able to trust her at some point, right?

1 comment:

Cynnie said...

let it go dude ..
trust ?
not so much trust as just let it go ..
if she's puking and passed out on the couch at 3 am ..
thats her business.
go to bed and ignore it.
dont try to fix her or help her.
you cant want this more than she does.